Friday, June 26, 2009

In one week...

In one week, I will be in route to London! This is my first transatlantic flight, and I am crossing my fingers for a window seat (or nice seat partner) so I can have a view like this flickr photo.

I cannot believe that it is only seven days away... those seven days are going to be filled with:

Reading: The 2009 Rick Steves London guidebook is all mine thanks to my travel savvy grandparents. Another resource for travel ideas has been the library. I have been a frequent visitor and have checked out other London guides (Frommer's is a favorite of my mom's) and also travel DVDs (Rick Steves and Samantha Brown are entertaining and informative).

Packing: On normal trips, I bet I could fill this flickr photo of suitcases with all of my stuff. But this trip, I will plan and pack like a seasoned traveler! Professor Williams gave us guidelines and packing tips that I will be poring over to ensure I cover everything but nothing extra.
The final countdown is on!

1 comment:

  1. You mention libraries as a resource. Don't forget to check the great international business resources available to COB students through the Butler Libraries. Two recommendations: The Global Road Warrior database and GMID-Global Market Information Database. Both are loaded with travel and business information for England. Find them at http://www.butler.edu/library under Databases. You can login to Butler Library resources from London with your Butler userid and password. Teresa--Butler Business Librarian

    ReplyDelete