Saturday, July 18, 2009

Saturday AM and PM stroll

Camden Market... note scary/weird figures on the side of the buildings on the left..

What else do you do when it is a pretty Saturday morning in London than go to the market? I headed to Camden Market, which is a combo of five different markets in the general area. I have to be honest, I was a little nervous about my decision at first... I don't really fit in with the black-fishnets-piercing-tatoos crowd! But further into the stalls, I started getting into market mode.

Sports complex in Regent's Park


From Camden Market I walked to Regent's Park. I stumbled upon the sports complex. It was very busy... I spotted games of rugby, football (our soccer), and cricket. In the background of the above picture, you can see The Hub.... a cafe and 360 degree view of the entire complex.
Beautiful blooms in Queen Mary's Garden

My favorite part of Regent's Park was Queen Mary's Garden. They had sections of sooo many roses and signs telling the names of each rose. Some good names: Sexy Rexy, Invincible, Razzle Dazzle, and Indian Summer.

Spotted: wedding!

After a quick lunch at the flat, I headed west to Holland Park and their Japanese Garden. The Holland Park area is super pretty and I spent a long time walking around... (not because I was getting lost...)

The houses around the park = majorly impressive!! Every house had beautiful landscaping around the front entry and black ironwork. I wonder how much pounds you would have to be willing to shell out for one of these places...

My future residence in Holland Park


The grand entry at every home


I knew the street... just not where the actual park was.


Dutch gardens in Holland Park

When I did finally find the Japanese gardens, they weren't quite as neat as the other parks I have seen. What I did find: a wedding (reception?) occurring at the Belvedere, a restaurant in the park. It looked very posh!


Spotted: wedding no. 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment