Friday, July 17, 2009

See that girl... watch that scene..

Millennium Bridge and St. Paul's

After my visit to Buckingham Palace, I headed east to Tate Modern, a museum of modern art. I really enjoyed walking across Millennium Bridge when we went to Tate's neighbor, the Globe Theatre, so I took that route again. It was rainy, but the view of the riverside made up for the many umbrellas.

On the Tate Modern side of the Thames

Tate Modern... one of the most exteriorly unattractive museums I have seen!

Tate Modern was pretty crowded, so I did a quick look at the open galleries. I saw a few disfigured people paintings by Pablo Picasso, and several interesting installations. Tate Modern is such a different gallery than the formal and traditional National Gallery we had visited earlier!


After Tate Modern, I went to see my fourth (!!) show of the trip, Mamma Mia!. Although the actors weren't quite as good as in my previously seen shows, the energy and music was electrifying!! I think the story is so fun, and it is impossible not to enjoy the ABBA tunes. The crowd got really involved, and sang and dance throughout the show. I was especially fond of the oh-so-glamorous '70s costumes :)

How can I resist you?
Booked: train tickets to Windsor Castle on Sunday for Emily and I. Maybe that is where the Queen ran off to this morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment